OUR VISION is to create a healthier and safer community by improving the quality of life and functionality of individuals with pain, and reducing harm from prescription drug misuse and abuse through collaborative partnerships that focus on prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Form cross-sector community coalition to serve as leaders and agents of change within Lake County for safe opioid prescribing.
- Raise awareness among providers and members of the community of risks and benefits of chronic opioid use and alternative treatments.
- Adopt and implement consistent opioid prescribing guidelines in Lake County.
- Increase access to medication-assisted treatment, expanding on local resources and applying best practices.
- Promote policies to increase access to Naloxone through Partnership Health Plan (PHP) prescribing guidelines, targeting high dose opioid users.
- Share data and outcomes with both providers and general public to develop a healthier community culture with regard to opioid use.
Reduce the deaths due to the use and misuse of prescription pain killers by 50% and improve the quality of life for residents of Lake County by improving access to pain management alternatives by 2020.