Opioid Addiction Pamphlet
- Where to find MAT treatment in Lake County
- Support Groups
- Signs of Addiction
Chronic Pain Links
- chronic pain, causes, effects, and linked pages discuss possible treatments
- Fairly detailed listing of various non-opioid pain treatments, medicinal and otherwise, with a helpful discussion.
- reference for the patient who wants to learn about treatment options in-depth. It has specific coverage of both medicinal and non-medicinal treatments, including less common topics, such as Qi Gong, and coping with opioid-induced constipation.
Resources – Pain
- Allan I. Basbaum, Professor and Chair, UCSF Department of Anatomy, presents the most current scientific understanding behind common pain disorders
- discusses the different types of chronic pain and the recent breakthroughs that may hold promise for potential new treatment strategies
Resource links – Medication-Assisted Treatment
- for providers with the specifics needed for obtaining bupe waivers, transitioning patients to bupe from full agonist opioids, and billing.
- Specific notes on induction prescribing, including fentanyl bridge
- Lengthy article describing Abstinence v. Mat treatment for OUD.
- The harm reduction policy of Switzerland and its emphasis on the medicalization of the heroin problem
Resource Links – Addiction
- The Physiology of Addiction and the Developing Brain
- compassionate strategies to communicate effectively and openly with patients who are using high doses of opioids
Article – Opioids Don’t Beat Other Medications For Chronic Pain
- Article about a woman who was able to stop taking opioid painkillers with the help of non-opioid alternatives.
- hotspotting – how a wealth of data on drug use can be mined from sewage
- wastewater testing for drugs
- best advice for people taking opioid medication
Calculating Total Daily Dose of Opioids For Safer Dosage