Register for our FREE MAT X-Waiver Training on August 29th below! Click on the flyer for more details!
See our Community Resource Map below to locate Narcan/Naloxone Distributors, Sharps Disposal-by-Mail Containers, MAT Providers, Syringe Access and Needle Exchange, Safe Drug Disposal, and SafeRx Lake County’s Headquarters!
To create a healthier and safer community by improving the quality of life and functionality of individuals with pain, and reducing harm from prescription drug misuse and abuse through collaborative partnerships that focus on prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Collaborate with community partners to provide programs, events, and support for Lake County youth to prevent substance use.
- Raise awareness among providers and members of the community of the risks and benefits of opioid use and of alternative treatments for chronic pain.
- Establish Harm Reduction programs, such as Narcan Distribution and Syringe Access.
- Champion Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) to providers and the community for treatmeant of opioid use disorder (addiction).
- Partner with Senior Centers to address issues around opioid medication use in our senior population.
- Analyze local and national data to educate providers and the general public about trends in the on-going opioid epidemic, including overdose, prescription, and diversion rates.
Reduce the deaths due to the use and misuse of prescription painkillers by 50% and improve the quality of life for residents of Lake County by improving access to pain management alternatives by 2020.